Tuesday 8 March 2016

Moment of pride

Sometimes the oddest of things can make you proud. Tonight I had one of those moments.
I'm left on my own to look after the children for the evening. The usual tick boxes to be done;
Finish eating their dinner
  • Get them both bathed
  • Youngest finishes his milk
  • Teeth brushed
  • Into pyjamas
  • Stories
  • Eldest to have a final wee
  • Bed/settled/Sleep

All was going well while I gave the youngest the last of his milk quietly in his room while the eldest looked through a book. Then I noticed through the crack in the door, the eldest decided to use his pretty. Excellent, I think. Another box ticked, and go back to trying to settle the youngest.
Then there moment of pride happened. The toilet flushes and a tap is running. I look through the crack in the door. The eldest is creeping back to his room smiling!
Not only did he have a wee, but he emptied and rinsed out the Pty afterwards before returning it.
It doesn't matter what they do, but when they do something you've never seen them do before perfectly & unprompted. And they know it. That's a proud moment. Not only for you, but for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment